Mon., Nov. 6th. 2017 / 10 am – 4 pm
In this workshop I will demonstrate several methods for creating an accurate likeness. I will explain and show how value, color, temperature, and facial planes relate to the creation of an accurate and expressive portrait painting.
Mon., Jan. 8th, 2018 / 10 am – 4 pm
The subject of my workshop is going to be how to paint facial features and portray them as they age. We will paint a few faces from start to finish. We will not be concentrating on any one portrait but will instead learn how to master the features and how to put them together. We will also learn how to portray the face as it changes with age.
I will provide the drawings via the internet for the participants to trace or copy and so that we can concentrate on the painting. We will learn about values and blending and “skin color”.
Mon., Feb. 5th, 2018 / 10 am – 4 pm
For an artist, composition is the key for a successful painting. In this workshop we will use a simple subject and through imagination and creativity, each participant will create their own unique painting.
Mon., March 12., 2018 / 10 am – 4 pm
“Get Glowing” with Watercolor
Join Linda Wokoun for a workshop that focuses on mixing colors directly on the painting surface to achieve the glow that only watercolor can create. Linda will provide demonstration and coaching through each step of a floral painting using wet into wet washes along with negative painting. Class participants will get a chance to practice mingling colors using the technique before tackling the actual painting. We will work from floral photo references but Linda will show how the technique can be used with any subject from portraits to abstracts.
April 9th, 2018 / 10am – 4 pm
Distress Oxides and Transfers
Come join Libit for a day of fun as you learn surprising ways to “paint” or correct your background and add unexpected interest to your paintings.
- Cost per workshop class: $45/Members, $65/Non-members.
- Workshops are held at Keeton’s Office & Art Supply, 817 Manatee Avenue W, Bradenton, Florida 34205, 1-800-833-4735. When attending a workshop, please park across the street from Keeton’s at the Post Office parking lot.
- Workshops start at 10:00am SHARP. Be there and be ready to paint.
- All workshops run from 10:00am – 4:00pm with an hour break for lunch, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
- Please bring your lunch.
- PLEASE NOTE: FSWS has a no refund policy. If there is a wait list, the student that takes your place will send you a check.
- Supply lists will be sent at least two weeks prior to the workshop date.
- To register for workshops, please email email@example.com
- Make checks payable to FSWS and mail to Gail Ribas, 1906 Lamont Street, North Port, FL 34288.
- PLEASE NOTE: For the William Perry workshop, we are currently accepting pre-registration FOR THIS WORKSHOP ONLY (email firstname.lastname@example.org). Once registered, please send your check to arrive NO EARLIER than 10/30. FOR ALL OTHER WORKSHOPS, registration opens 10/30/17. Thank you!