Monday March 11th, 10am – 4pm
Using washes, glazes and spattering techniques, we will create a vibrantly colored, abstract flamingo. I will show you how to apply color without leaving brushstrokes and blend colors seamlessly, giving birth to the magic of watercolors. Although highly detailed and realistic in some areas, the changes in techniques allow a blending of reality and illusion to create a dynamic image. We will discuss color theory, composition and the importance of your materials in creating a successful painting. What you learn in this class can be used in any watercolor painting to create more outstanding results. My workshop will also show you how to apply adjacent light and dark pigments without any bleeding. Let’s paint and have some fun.
- Cost per workshop class: $45/Members, $65/Non-members.
- Workshops are held at Keeton’s Office & Art Supply, 817 Manatee Avenue W, Bradenton, Florida 34205, 1-800-833-4735. When attending a workshop, please park across the street from Keeton’s at the Post Office parking lot.
- Workshops start at 10:00am SHARP. Be there and be ready to paint.
- All workshops run from 10:00am – 4:00pm with an hour break for lunch, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
- Please bring your lunch.
- PLEASE NOTE: FSWS has a no refund policy. If there is a wait list, the student that takes your place will send you a check.
- Supply lists will be sent at least two weeks prior to the workshop date.
- To register for workshops, please email email@example.com
- Make checks payable to FSWS and mail to Gail Ribas, 1906 Lamont Street, North Port, FL 34288.